Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 1 - Arrival (June 28)

Day 1

After a long and delayed flight, I have made it to London, England.  I have already begun to take lots of pictures which will soon be posted either here or on my Facebook page.  Yesterday, June 28, was  very long day.  After settling in at the dorms at Kings College, we (my class) met up and went on a walk with Dr. Welsh.  I discovered where to buy groceries and other necessities. And the nearest pub is next to the store a few blocks from the dorms. On the walk I saw several landmarks. We walked through Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, saw Big Ben and Parliament, as well as a few other things. We had dinner on the south bank of the Thames at this cute little gourmet pizza place. I finally got back to the dorms and was so exhausted I passed out and slept surprisingly well.

That is all for now. More to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment