Tuesday, August 6, 2013

July 27 - Last day in London town


Today is our final day in London.  I decided to spend my last day along the South bank of the Thames.  I began my day by visiting the London Film Museum.  I am doing a research paper o the preservation of Doctor Who ephemera and artifacts.  The LFM has a small Doctor Who exhibit in the science fiction room.  While I thought the placement between two different types of aliens was a bit off, it was original pieces from the set of a film.



After visiting the film museum, I headed over to buy tickets for the London Eye.  I told myself I was going to go up and I did.  As I was buying tickets, I also bought a ticket for The Aquarium.  I thought it would be relaxing to watch the fish and rays and sharks swimming around.  Little did I know that they herd people in and through and I think I got bumped into by no less than half a dozen strollers of varying sizes.  I did enjoy the penguin exhibit.  They have a dozen Gentoo penguins.




I went back to the dorms to chill for a few hours then met up with a friend for dinner.  We ate in Gabriel's Wharf and had a nice time.  It started to rain after dinner so I went back to get my umbrella.  It had been quite warm and sunny just a few hours earlier.  I headed over to the London Eye to get in line.

The London Eye had a massively long line but it moved fairly quickly.  It rained the entire time.  I still managed to take some decent pictures from the Eye.  I got a little woozy at the top but it truly is a beautiful site to behold.  I know it would have been even better had it not been raining.





Overall, I had a really nice last day here in London.

That is all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment